Lacing cards and activities are a great way to get some extra fine motor and visual motor practice in your child's day. Grab these outer space lacing cards as a free printable to set up in your fine motor stations or homeschool area.
Benefits of Lacing Cards
As I already mentioned, lacing is a great way to improve fine motor and visual motor skills for children. It is also a great way to get some pincer grasp practice by pinching the yarn or string to push through the holes.
Specific skills include:
- Eye-hand coordination (visual perceptual skills)
- Pincer grasp strengthening
- Bilateral coordination (holding the lacing card with one hand while lacing with the other)
How To Use These Outer Space Lacing Cards
These outer space lacing cards would be ideal for children in preschool through 4th grade.
Follow the steps below to use this free printable.
- Download the outer space lacing card free printable from my site (see specific directions below)
- Open the file on your computer with Adobe Acrobat Reader for the best printing experience
- Print out the pages on 8×11.5 size computer paper OR choose thicker card stock
- Laminate each page if desired (this is helpful if you are using the cards with multiple children in a classroom)
- Cut out each page
- Use a hole punch to punch holes through the designated holes/circles on each picture
- Tie a small string or yarn through one hole
- Show your child or student how to lace as needed
If you are looking for more lacing card themes, check out my Alphabet Lacing Cards.
How to Download This Lacing Card Free Printable
To get your free printable, enter your email address in the box below and click the “click here” button. You will then be directed to a success page and a special offer I have just for you.
Head to your email inbox and look for an email from Heather at Growing Hands-On Kids and your download will be in that email. Click the green button in that email to confirm and download your free printable.
Once you have downloaded it, head to your “downloads” folder or wherever you have downloads stored on your computer and open and print it. It does help to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed and updated to the latest version for the best printable experience.
You'll also receive weekly child development tips, tools, and strategies from me. You can unsubscribe from these at any time.
You May Also Like: