Welcome to Growing Hands-On Kids!
My name is Heather and I'm a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant turned homeschool mom and therapy blogger.
I love to share child development tips, tools, and strategies to help your child reach their highest potential through hands-on and developmentally appropriate activities.
If you would like to know more me personally, you can visit the About Me page here.
I'd like to take some time and share some of the more popular posts on GHOK as well as give an idea of all the different topics and ideas I share about here.
All of the links below take you to the different parts of my site, so save this page in your bookmark tab so you can reference it as often as you like.
Top 10 Popular Posts At Growing Hands-On Kids
These posts below are the most popular posts I have shared to date. After these 10 posts, I will share some others that I love that go along with each topic I write about here.
- Crossing Midline Exercises for Kids
- Is It Behavior or Is It Sensory? Beginning of a 5 week series on Sensory Processing and behavior
- 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Teaching the Alphabet to Preschoolers
- Typical Pencil Grasp Development for Handwriting
- How to Improve Handwriting with Kids
- How the Vestibular System Affects Your Child's Behavior
- Basics of Pre-Writing Skills for Kids
- Movement Songs for Preschoolers
- Typical Fine Motor Development for Children Ages 0-6
- Sensory Activities for Children
Free Fine Motor Checklists for Ages 0-6
Sign-up for my weekly child development tips, tools, and strategies and receive this free printable download.
Resources Lists from GHOK
I like to provide resource lists on various popular topics on my site, so here are some of those resource lists below: