Developmental Tips, Tools, and Strategies for Growing Hands-On Kids.
My name is Heather, I am a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant turned hands-on activity and therapy blogger. My goal is to provide you with the development tips, tools, and strategies you need to grow your own hands-on kids.
What You Can Find on Growing Hands-On Kids
My journey started when I was working in the school system as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. I loved working with the kids and finding fun ways to work towards their goals.
With that in mind, you will find 6 main themes on the blog:
- Hands-On Activities – for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners, plus a few homeschooling ideas are thrown in.
- Child Development – includes child behavior, infant, toddler and preschooler development.
- Fine Motor Skills – You can check out my fine motor skills resource page here.
- Gross Motor Skills
- Handwriting and Pre-Writing Skills – You can check out my handwriting resource page and pre-writing resource page.
- Behavior & Sensory Processing – One of my most popular series on the site takes a look at behaviors and sensory processing. I also have a page just for sensory activities for children.
I also enjoy making free printables, and you can find those over on my free printables page.
Another easy way to get started is to visit my Start Here page which lists some of my more popular posts and other resources for you.
About Heather of Growing Hands-On Kids
I am a homeschool graduate and attended college to become a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant. The same year I graduated, I also married my college sweetheart, David.
In May of 2013, my husband and I decided I would be a stay at home mom and take care of our 1-year-old daughter full time. It is a decision I have not regretted.
We homeschool both children, Ellie (age 6) is in Kindergarten and Ben (age 3) is doing a very relaxed preschool.
Resources for Growing Hands-On Kids
You can visit my shop page to see all of the ebooks and other resources I offer here on GHOK.
I have also authored and co-authored some wonderful books, which are listed below:
You can also get to the FREE PRINTABLES I offer here.
Other Places Heather Writes
I have written guest posts and other articles from time to time around the internet. You can find some of them below.
- 5 Tips for Pencil Grasp Development – Learning 2 Walk
- 5 Fine Motor Activities for Your Child's Pencil Grasp – Learning 2 Walk
- 40 Sensory Break Ideas for Kids – Lemon Lime Adventures
- Circle Toddler Sensory Bin – Lemon Lime Adventures
- Jello Ocean Sensory Tray – Teaching Mama