Today I am sharing how to make the homemade dog bone shaped tortilla chips that I made for my daughter's puppy dog birthday party last weekend. They are easy to make and are a great addition to any girl's puppy dog birthday party theme!
The first thing I did was get all my ingredients and tools together. I used 1 cookie sheet and one stoneware large bar pan from TPC. I purchased the dog bone cookie cutter from Amazon and I also used whole wheat and tomato basil tortillas. I originally got 4 packages, 2 of each flavor, then ended up going back and getting 4 more to make sure we had enough for the party.
Next I laid out 4 tortillas on a cutting board and used the dog bone shape cookie cutter to cut through each layer. You do need to press a little hard and make sure you press on all sides of the cookie cutter so that the shapes come out evenly. I was able to get 6 dog bone shaped chips out of each layer of tortilla.
Then I laid out each chip on the cookie sheet or stoneware bar pan. I brushed each chip lightly with vegetable oil to keep them from getting dried out in the oven. Then place them in the oven to crisp up!
I served these on a tray with hummus during the party. You use any dip you like with them however. To store them, I just put them in a gallon size ziplock bag until the party. They stayed crisp and were great with the hummus!
It's time for another Good Tastes Tuesday Recipe link party! Here is the most clicked recipe from last week's link party!
If your recipe was featured, please feel free to grab the “I was featured” button below and link it back to this post!
- Link up as many recipes as you want, new or old.
- Please link directly to your recipes, not to your main blog page. All links that do not follow this will be deleted.
- Grab the link party button or link back to this party to spread the word! The more the merrier!
- Browse the other recipes and be sure to tell them you came by from the Good Tastes Tuesday Recipe Link Party! (The recipe with the most views will be featured in next week’s party!!)
- By linking up and including a picture, you agree to allow GRB to use your pictures and links in a future feature recipe posts like this one. Your photo may also be used for promotion on all social media outlets of this blog with the corresponding link # given of your entry.
Can't wait to see what you've been cooking this week!
Flirty Aprons Flash Sale, Free Shipping on top of already applied 40% off mens aprons, code Hero40, until 8/14