Affiliate and Referral links are used below to promote products I love and recommend. I receive a commission on any purchases made through these links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
There are always great fine motor activities out there for kids, but it is always fun to do a special twist on them for a holiday or special event. Today I have a round up of Valentine’s Day activities for kids for fine motor skill practice.
10 Valentine’s Day Activities to Improve Fine Motor Skills
1. Simple Valentines Fine Motor Activities – Little Bins for Little Hands
There are 3 ideas in this one post and they are all great, I especially love the practical life pouring idea.
2. Valentine’s Hearts Fine Motor Activity – And Next Comes L
This one uses clothes pins and is super simple and fun.
3. 8 Montessori Inspired Valentines Trays – Christian Montessori Network
If you have a toddler or younger preschooler, they will love these ideas. So many great ones, I can’t pick a favorite.
4. Mini Valentine’s Fine Motor Skills – Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails
This a great one for small fingers and easy for them to complete.
5. Rose Scented No Cook Play Dough– Danya Banya
It wouldn’t be a fine motor Valentine’s activity without some play dough. This one looks amazing!
6. Invitation to Create Homemade Valentine’s – Buggy & Buddy
I am starting to get into invitation to plays and create and this one is great!
7. Fine Motor Sparkly Craft – Sugar Aunts
What a great fine motor and sensory activity this one is.
8. This craft and website is no longer available (edited Nov. 2020).
9. Valentine’s Heart Mobile – Powerful Mothering
I love tissue paper activities, they are always so pretty. This one is great for all your littles to do.
10. Preschool Sorting for Valentine’s Day – Crystal & Comp.
My daughter is very into categorizing and sorting right now, we will definitely be trying this one, with a fun Valentine’s Day twist.
Looking for more fine motor activities for your kids? Check out these below:
LuAnn Braley says
OT as in occupational therapy? Sorry, I’m a newbie. :p
Heather G. says
@LuAnn Braley Yes LuAnn, as in Occupational Therapy. I am an Occupational Therapy Assistant in the school system 2 days a week! Glad to see you back here!
These are so cute and fun! But how do you keep them from eating all the candies?!?! hee hee
Adelien Tan says
Wow, awesome… They look gorgeous.
What a great roundup! I can’t wait to go through all the links and find just the right ones to do with my daughter and her friends. Pinning for later!
Heather Greutman says
Thanks Tiffiny! Hope you both have fun!
Cute ideas! I love Valentine’s Day projects.