We are super behind on our Letter of the Week activities, but we are plugging along to Letter H activities this week. As always, simple is the name of the game with me.
For each week of tot-school that I plan with the letter of the week theme, I divide into 8 sections with one activity per section for the week:
- Practical Life
- Fine Motor
- Gross Motor
- Reading & Math
- Craft (typically themed with our Bible lesson)
Items Needed for Letter H Activities Week
Here are this week’s items:
- Montessori by Mom Language Box (includes sand tray, moveable alphabet cards and sand)
- Montessori Letter Work
- Little Letter H Book from The Measured Mom
- Handwriting Without Tears Wood Piece Set for Capital Letters with letter cards
- Letter H sand paper letter cards
- Letter H/Heart Dot Marker page
- Red, pink, and purple wood buttons
Letter H Gross Motor Work
We have switched over to the Fundanoodle Muscle Mover cards for our gross motor letter work. After she does the movement, she uses the felt tip marker to trace the letter on the back.
Unfortunately, these are not available for sale anywhere anymore as Fundanoodle has gone out of business.
She ended up going back to these cards about an hour later and going through almost all the lower case ones, tracing them and repeating the lines being used for each one as she traced. I was one proud mama.
Letter H Pre-Writing Work
We used quite a few different activities for pre-writing work this week. We always have the sandpaper letters out, as well as our moveable alphabet cards with the sand tray.
I Can Build Letters! Kit from Fundanoodle
I Can Pound! Activity Kit with the letter H from Fundanoodle
Letter H Button and Sticker Activity
For this, I used some wood buttons, stickers, and a dot-marker printable with the letter “H”.