Affiliate and Referral links are used below to promote products I love and recommend. I receive a commission on any purchases made through these links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
Kids of all ages love to engage in some sensory play. I found 28 fun, fine motor, and sensory play ideas to help your kids enjoy St. Patrick’s Day!
Table of contents
I've divided these activities into fine motor and sensory play activities. However, you will probably find that many of these activities overlap and can be used to focus on both skills.
I also have a blog post on the importance of sensory play for kids.
St. Patrick's Day Activities for Kids – Fine Motor
1. Color by Number – St. Patrick's Day from Teaching Mama
2. Beaded Shamrocks from Fun A Day
3. Shamrock Garland from Little Family Fun
4. Montessori Fine Motor St. Patrick's Day Activities from Trillium Montessori
5. Free Printable Fun Pack from Happy And Blessed Home
6. Math Game from Prek Pages
7. Pipe Cleaner Rainbow from Still Playing School
8. St. Patrick's Day Fine Motor Color Matching Printable from Life Over C's
9. St. Patrick's Day Writing Prompts from The OT Toolbox
10. Rainbow Pasta Craft from Teaching Mama
11. St. Patrick's Day Play Dough Recipe from Playdough to Plato
12. Counting Coins Clothespin Game from LalyMom
St. Patrick's Day Activities for Kids – Sensory
1. St. Patrick's Day Roll-A-Dice Brain Break from Growing Hands-On Kids
This free printable will help engage your child's other senses of vestibular and proprioceptive senses. There's also a deep breathing handout included. It also comes with a Spanish version!
2. St. Patrick's Day Sensory Bin from Growing Hands-On Kids
I created this sensory bin for my daughter when she was a toddler. It's filled with fabrics and larger items that make it a little bit safer for children who still put things in their mouths. Of course, supervision is still a must.
3. St. Patrick's Day Sensory Bin from Teaching Mama
This sensory bin has more of a messy play base instead of the fabric like the one above. A great one for preschoolers!
4. St. Patrick'sDay Brain Teaser from Teach Mama
This scavenger hunt would make an excellent brain break activity for older children.
5. St. Patrick's Day Yoga Poses from Pink Oatmeal
Yoga is a great way to include the vestibular, proprioceptive, and interoceptive senses. You can read more about those additional senses here.
6. St. Patrick’s Day Sensory Bin from Still Playing School
7. St. Patrick’s Day Inspired Salt Tray from And Next Comes L
8. St. Patrick’s Day Sensory Sink from Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
9. St. Patrick’s Day Sensory Bin from The Chaos And The Clutter
10. Rainbow Shaving Cream & Gold Coin Dig from House of Burke
11. Rainbow Cooked Pasta Sensory Play from Still Playing School
12. Green Rice Sensory Bin from Little Bins for Little Hands
13. Handprint Rainbow and Pot-of-Gold from Enter Under My Roof
14. Jello Treasure from Carrots Are Orange
15. St. Patrick's Day Sensory Bottle from Teaching Mama
16. Leprechauns On The Run from PE With Mr. G. (Video)
We love the PE with Mr. G. channel on YouTube. He has a fun brain break/movement video for St. Patrick's Day that would be a great addition to any sensory break or activity in the classroom or at home.
You May Also Like: