Welcome to Growing Hands-On Kids!
I’m so glad you are here. There are so many blogs out there, but I’m glad you chose to find out what hands-on learning is all about and encouraging independence with your kids. I am a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant turned therapy/homeschool mom blogger who is passionate about encouraging independence in my own kids and sharing my ideas with you.
If you would like to know more about Growing Hands-On Kids and myself, you can visit the About Me page.
I’d like to take some time and share some of the more popular posts on GHOK as well as give an idea of all the different topics and ideas I share about here. All of the links below take you to the different parts of my site, so save this page in your bookmark tab so you can reference it as often as you like.
Top 10 Popular Posts At Growing Hands-On Kids
These post below are the most popular posts I have shared to date. After these 10 posts, I will share some others that I love that go along with each topic I write about here.
- Is it Sensory? Or is it Behavior? a 5 Week series
- Crossing Midline Exercises for Kids
- The Vestibular System and How it Affects Behavior
- 10 Days of Fall Fine Motor and Sensory Activities for Kids
- Typical Fine Motor Developmental Milestones for Ages 0-6 (Comes with a free printable)
- Fine Motor Activities for Ages 0-2
- Scissor Practice Packet for Prek-1st Grade (subscriber printable)
- Pencil Grasp Development for Writing (pictures of each type of grasp)
- Problem Solving Discipline and Sensory Processing Problems
- Why Your Sensory Child Chews and How You Can Help
Resources Lists from GHOK
I like to provide resource lists on various popular topics on my site, so here are some of those resource lists below:
- Ways to Improve Handwriting Skills with Children
- Fine Motor Development and Activities for Children
- Sensory Activities for Children
- Montessori Inspired Activities for Toddlers
- Occupational Therapy Resources for Kids
Want More from GHOK??
Subscribe and get a free eBook (5 Steps to Preparing Your Hands-On Environment).
I would love to have you join my new GHOK Facebook Community too. Talk to you there.